Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tips from the Masters at Baieido



Mica plates are placed over the vent and buried charcoal. One of their benefits is they distribute the heat evenly across the surface of the incense wood. If the wood smokes the fire is too hot. The proper method is to warm the wood just enough to release the aroma without burning the wood.

Often oil will ooze from the wood and stick to the mica plate. Cleaning this residue and restoring the plate to a reusable condition is very easy. Brew some fresh green tea and use the leaves to rub the plate and remove any resin. There is something in the leaves that dissolves the resin. I couldn't say what but it works.


7 comments:

chamekke said...

This is a great tip -- thank you!

I'm wondering if it's heretical to use black tea leaves (I drink more black leaf tea than green on average)? Maybe it's worth a try.

davidoller said...

Never tried that, really don't know.

Sachin Kumar said...

Incense - I like it most..its so beautiful...

James Smith said...

I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and simply could not come across. What a perfect web site.

Diablo Incense

Suri cruise said...

Very nice post. I wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!


Thanks,
Buy legal herbal incense

Link Exe said...

Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.Keep on continuing with this.


Incense HoldersAlso visit my page

Thiago daLuz said...

I just decided to buy incense online. I used to get it locally, but I want to try some of the variety that's out there.

Blog Archive